'Mature' Moore focus on Wimbledon

'Mature' Moore focus on Wimbledon

 Mature
British teenager Tara Moore will set about qualifying for Wimbledon on Tuesday insisting her 'wild child' days are behind her.
The 19-year-old lost the LTA's support back in 2009 due to a poor attitude which resulted in her early promise tailing off.
However, now back in the fold, Moore is determined to prove she was worthy of a second chance.
"I had a tough time at the beginning with the LTA but I take responsibility for that," she admits.
"I was young and didn't know what I was doing - I did what I wanted. I've grown up a lot.
"I just realised that you can't waste opportunities over and over again.
"They've believed in me the last three years to give me a second chance and I am grateful for that."
Born in Hong Kong, Moore learned the game at the famous Nick Bollettieri academy, one which has helped produce players of the calibre of Pete Sampras, Andre Agassi, Maria Sharapova and the Williams sisters.
Legendary coach Bollettieri even labelled the Briton one of the best players in his class of 2006, one which included current men's star Kei Nishikori.
However, while Nishikori is currently ranked in the world's top 20, Moore is down at 310th on the WTA list following a wasted period.
The big-serving prospect does not have regrets though.
"I can't look back and regret anything I did in the past," she added.
"I was young. I was away from my parents in a foreign country and was only 15/16. It was a great experience to do it and come through it."
Moore recently claimed the biggest win of her career at the AEGON Classic in Birmingham, beating world number 53 Iveta Benesova, a result which helped her earn a wild card into the Wimbledon qualifying draw.
Such potential had already been spotted by Great Britain's new Fed Cup captain Judy Murray, who had picked Moore to travel with the team to Israel this year, although she had to pull out due to injury.
Still, if Moore can keep her focus on the grind that is the life for lower-ranked tennis players - including this week at Roehampton where the qualifying tournament takes place - she may yet be the big name that the LTA desperately seeks to find.
source:http://www.espnstar.com/tennis/wimbledon/news/detail/item817816/%27Mature%27-Moore-focus-on-Wimbledon/
monte escalier

Newer Post Older Post

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...